Relevant Sports Group (RSG) and the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte announced today that they have agreed on a five-year-deal that will make Charlotte a long-term host city for International Champions Cup matches.
As part of the new deal, Charlotte will host the 2019 House of Soccer, a premium, high-touch experience bringing together the community, athletes, clubs, artists and influencers to live and breathe soccer and the culture that surrounds it - you can register here
This awesome and FREE fan experience will feature live music, food trucks, beer garden, games, chances to win prizes, special guest appearances and more!
Although Charlotte is not yet the home to a Major League Soccer franchise, there is a strong sports culture in the city. A sports culture that made the ICC establishing the city as a more permanent home an exciting prospect for Tom Glick the President of the National Football League franchise Carolina Panthers.
“Today’s announcement is a big deal for our community and puts Charlotte at the epicenter of soccer’s rapid growth in the United States,” said Glick. “Charlotte’s reputation as a soccer city is driven by the passion of our fans, who continue to display their commitment to the game by attending matches and playing soccer at all ages, and the growing drumbeat of fans calling for a top-level domestic team.”
As part of the deal, the Bank of America Stadium will host its fifth ICC match this summer when Arsenal take on ACF Fiorentina on July 20. The actual event, however, will kick off the day before when the 2019 House of Soccer opens its doors on July 19. The event will bring together music, skill zone, food trucks, a Bud Light beer garden, gaming stations and an open invitation for fans to show their soccer chops alongside the sport’s greatest influencers.
Emceed by comedians and podcasters the “The Cooligans,” House of Soccer will also feature a live performance by singer/songwriter Walker Hayes and a one-of-a-kind fan prep zone where soccer lovers can get game-ready with face painting, temporary tattoos, hair-braiding and much more. Finally, ahead of the match, there will be a fan march into the Bank of America Stadium.
The 2019 House of Soccer event will embrace the best of the soccer community in the Queen City. A soccer culture that is embraced by RSG. “We couldn’t be more excited to be partnering with Bank of America Stadium on this long-term deal at a time when Charlotte has established itself as a premier soccer city,” said RSG CEO Daniel Sillman.
Sillman believes that Charlotte is an ideal place to grow the reputation of the International Champions Cup over the next five years. “Whether it’s the loyal soccer fanbase, the business community, philanthropic organizations, or city government, all stakeholders have spoken loud and clear that Charlotte is a city that wants to host major soccer events,” Sillman said.
The event will be held July 19-20 at Romare Bearden Park and S. Mint Street. House of Soccer is an immersive pop-up experience bringing together the community, fans, clubs, artists and influencers to celebrate a common bond through their passion for soccer. House of Soccer will offer unique access to clubs, players, live entertainment, soccer fanatics and freestylers for fans to interact with the sport on multiple levels.
So kick off your ICC Weekend at House of Soccer – a festival of sport, music, street art, food and drink!
Friday, July 19
• 5:00 pm – Doors open with hosts, Soccer Cooligans, DJ beats, food trucks, Bud Light beer garden, soccer contests, gaming stations
• 6:00 pm – Freestyler performance and sounds by Hembree
• 7:00 pm - All-Star match featuring club legends, former MLS pros Wes Knight and Mike Harrington, Argentina National Team and football social impact leader Florencia Galarza and hometown favorites - the Hornets & Panthers
• 8:30 pm – Headliner performance by Grits & Biscuits
Saturday, July 20
• 12:00 pm – Doors open with hosts, Soccer Cooligans, Fan Prep Zone, Freestyle clinics, soccer contests, gaming stations, food trucks and Bud Light beer garden
• 3:00 pm – Special performance by country star, Walker Hayes
• 4:00 pm – Last chance to get your game face ready with face painting and body marbling in your team colors
• 5:00 pm – Supporters March to the Arsenal vs. ACF Fiorentina match at Bank of America Stadium